Hot Potato, Iced Coffee

Hello friends, family and fans,

I hope this post finds you well. We are near melting point here in the capital city, struggling on bravely sans air conditioning, and surviving on a diet of iced coffee and lime squash.

The exciting news for all of you of course, is that we have gone into sale! Yippee. And what great timing now that the weather has picked up (albeit a little too much for my liking). Grab yourself a floral grandad shirt or a light jersey dress to soak up the sun in before they all disappear!

Still, we are yet to decide upon a doodle winner, for which I apologise profusely again! I promise, with hand on heart on MY life (seriously), that we WILL decide next week. You have all been very patient and for this we love and adore you all. Thank you.

Squat is in the process of designing Spring/Summer 2010 which is very, VERY exciting. We're bringing back some classic Ghulam Sakina shapes and injecting them with beautiful new prints and vibrant colours. But of course there will also be some fantastic new styles to shock and amaze you all. It's busy, busy, busy here but there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Oh we also have some really super new interns who I am a little bit in love with, in a totally un-creepy way. They are Hannah, Ola, Alison, Liz and Pablo (who I haven't actually met yet but I'm sure I'll love).  Anyway they're fab and I wanted to give them a little "shout out" (are people still saying that) and say a big, big  THANK YOU for all their hard work.

I have the day off tomorrow and I'm going to see Blur in Hyde Park so if you're doing the same, do say 'hello' if you see a short bottle blond floating about in the heat and singing along to songs she doesn't know the words to. (I'm a huge fan, I just never remember song lyrics).

So that's it kids. I'll be back sooner than you want no doubt for more ramblings. Until then, enjoy the sun sensibly and have a wonderful weekend!

Much love from all of us here at Ghulam Sakina, (but mainly me), Gemma xxxx