Sample Sales and Sunny Days

Hello hello hello,

So, I've been in charge this week while the other two rapscalians I work with are cavorting around on the other side of the globe. Usually I get a bit jealous when Tana and Squat head to India to visit our factories but this time I have to say I REALLY didn't mind being left behind. It's currently around 44 degrees in Delhi and not being designed to spend more than a minute in the sun without burning to a crisp means I'm quite happy sitting in our studio, enjoying the cool breeze flowing through my window. Ha!

Anyway, what (real) news do I have to report from GS Headquarters today I hear you ask. Well, this week we have mainly been getting ready for, and then recovering from, our sale with the lovely Ally Capellino gang on Wednesday. (And when I say 'we' I mean my lovely new intern Sonny, my friend Cathy and me). As usual, people were clawing tooth and nail to get their hands on Ally's wonderous bags. I managed to grab a genius laptop case that Ally designed for the Tate Modern, before fighting my way back to safety. But in between the madness we met lots of old and plenty of new friends who managed to get their hands on a GS bargain or two. Good work ladies.

We're setting up a new mailing list so please feel free to contact us if you'd like to join. We'll send you updates about future sample sales and general bits and pieces about any other up and coming events we're planning.

So that aside, it's a bank holiday weekend, which I only realised on Wednesday (!) so that means there's plenty of time for baking. I'm going to have a look through my cook book and post a nice new recipe for you to try out at home.

Back soon x